Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thinking

There I go, thinking again.

Thinking always gets me into trouble. It doesn't matter if it's thinking because I'm bored, thinking for work, thinking because I worry, thinking because I'm paranoid, thinking because I wonder or thinking about thinking; I ALWAYS get myself in trouble.

This morning, I was thinking about how well things were going today. Then I received a letter... and my thinking turned to hurt, frustration and mental exhaustion. I moved on to a trip to the vet to pick up more medicine for our ailing guinea pig, and began thinking again. I thought of how much money I'd spent on something so small and what I would do if I, indeed, needed to spend even more money. My thinking then turned to financial worry.

In between all the above thinking, I thought of how much housework I had to do at home and how messy things are. My thinking turned to embarrassment and of being overwhelmed. I moved on to many other things as I thought and thought and thought. Most of them either depressing me or overwhelming me in the end.

See, I told you thinking gets me in trouble.

So, how do I stop thinking, exactly? I've tied to empty my mind while meditating. I continually try and write my thoughts on paper to make room for more in my head. It seems to be a never ending process in which I am constantly behind.

Which led me to more thinking....


No comments: