Monday, March 27, 2006

What's the Scariest Word to a Parent of Kids with Teeth?

O R T H O D O N T I S T

Yep... it's that word that no parent with teeth-aged children want to here. But, here we are, my husband and I, contemplating an outpouring of 'serious' money to fix our 7 1/2 year old's cross bite.

It's scarey, really. All that money... all those 'adjustments' at the doctor's office. I mean, we're still having issues with the little guys eyes (more on that another time). My husband had braces. He hated them. My plan... to catch weird things with my kids' teeth early so they can be fixed BEFORE they hit middle school.

Sooooo... what now? A 'records' appointment where they'll take molds of my son's teeth and get xrays. A real detailed look at his mouth and how things are coming along in there. $235 worth of detail. *cough*

The ONLY good thing about this right now... at least the doctor is cute.

No comments: