Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Ok, today is the day where everyone (in the US at least) is allowed to dress up as someone or something different and act crazy, obtain free candy and scare the begeezes out of little kids without fear of reprisal.

I, personally, opted for the non-scarey costume of a Renaissance Wench this morning in my 1st grader's classroom. This past Sunday evening and Monday morning I was a happy pumpkin.

My boys decided on Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. My daughter fascillated from ballerina, to fairy, to princess, to dragon, to Barbie and, finally, back to dragon again. *It's a woman's right to change her mind... even if it DOES make her mother gray in the process*

My husband decided to dress up as a dad (how original). Our exchange student decided on a teenager with a broken leg (what is UP with the older men in the family?).

Trick or Treating starts at 6pm at my parents house, ends there at 7pm and picks up again at my in-laws. It's an all-evening event that will tire everyone out and result in TONS of candy that will send the family into a sugar high that will last until Christmas!

So... at this point... I go with the flow and think orange until tomorrow morning wakes us and November begins full throttle.

Pictures soon to follow....

2 comments:

Nelania said...

I love Halloween! I dressed up as a witch this year, a good witch, so no worries. Actually it was for the Halloween party at a local elementary school, but that still counts right?

Last Night I had class, so I didn't get to do anything except tour a local art gallery.

Anyway! Eventhough I didn't really get to do anything for Halloween, I still love it. There's always next year.

Nelania said...

I was just checking out your profile cause I was wondering when your birthday was (either the middle to end of November or first part to the middle of December because of your astrological sign). . . and I came across your age, 249.

I must say dear, you look very young for your age. How do you do it?