Saturday, October 14, 2006

Your Brain is a Terrible Thing to Lose

So... they say your mind is the first thing to go. Apparently, my mind has already left and found some other unsuspecting human to reside in leaving me entirely on my own... literally.

Another birthday party that one of my sons were supposed to attend slipped my mind again today. The mom, bless her heart, called me on my cell and asked where Anthony was. *phew* Luckily Kroger is only a mile and a half from Zap Zone where the party was being held for several fiesty 8 year old boys.

Last week, it was the 'birthday party of the year' that Brendan missed. His friend Ben had invited him and it totally slipped my mind. *sigh* Brendan will need years of therapy at 29 to get over THAT one.

What's next? My anniversary? My OWN birthday? Do I need more Ginko Biloba in my life? Less stress? More help? SEVERAL calendars that flash neon in my house and in the truck? WHAT will help me remember?

I can't seem to recall.

1 comment:

Nelania said...

Aww, lol. I doubt you're losing your mind. You're trying to keep your life together under the circumstances of the last month. I Don't blame you for forgetting a few things and your kids will forgive you for it. No, lol, they won't need therapy.

Hang in there!