Saturday, June 23, 2007

Can You Cheat On Your Dog?

I took a drive over to Ryan and Tom's house tonight. They're getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow and I've finally relinquished my hold on my kids baby clothes long enough to sell them to someone else. So, I dropped off four boxes and two garbage bags of clothes and a six-foot long table to their house around 9:00pm.

Now, Ryan and Tom have this black lab named Compo. He's a drooling, panting, crotch-sniffing ball of tail-wagging fur. You can't help but notice him while you're at the house and he won't leave you alone until he's wiped drool and hair all over your clean clothes. It's like being molested by a really short man in a black fur coat. The problem is when I got home... my beagle, Delilah, was sniffing the hell out of me and giving me this look like, "How COULD you?"

It had just then occurred to me, "Can you cheat on your dog?" I mean, I didn't WANT to cheat on my dog. This other dog just came to me and started molesting me. Does that count? It was unwanted attention from another canine.

I feel so dirty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, wait a minute ... are you saying my dog sexually harassed you?

Your cats haven't been too shy about climbing up on my lap and going to town with the whiskers, the meowing, the claws .... You weren't here for the explanation I had to give to Cole and The Bempu!

Unknown said...

LORD yes, you can cheat on your dog! In his eyes, anyway. Any strange animal scent on any part of you is reason for trial and conviction! I should send you the story I wrote about how my dog got even with me for getting a GIRLFRIEND! Oy!

Tom Pender