Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mommy.... Who Is My Teacher?

Okay... so, I've been asked this question by my 3rd grader and 1st grader every day for the past week now. They wait by the mailbox like little vultures... hoping that letters from their new teachers for this year will drop out and smack them on the face like little fly swatters.

Have the letters come? NO

WHEN does school start? TUESDAY

WHAT is TODAY? WEDNESDAY before TUESDAY

When I asked their elementary school's secretary at the Welcome Back Meeting for employees of the district -- it's nice to be a parent AND an employee -- when the letters were coming she promptly replied that they would be mailed tomorrow. I politely asked if I could find out over the phone early and she even MORE politely told me absolutely not.

NOTE: So, does the security of the nation depend on the information about my kids' teachers for this year? Will terrorists swoop down on my school district if the names are given out over the phone early? I mean, COME ON!!!

So, I think to myself....

TOMORROW!? Are they farking MAD? The THURSDAY before TUESDAY they are sending out letters containing the most important answer to the most important question for BOTH of my children at this time in their little lives?

I ask again... Are they farking MAD??????

*sigh*

Ok... so, now I have to explain that the letters will probably come either Friday or Saturday. My 6 year old will say, "What if they don't?" And I'll answer, "Then we go to school on Tuesday and ask someone." And he'll say, "I'm not going to school unless I know who my teacher is. I mean, HOW will I KNOW what room I'm in? HOW will I KNOW who's in my class?" and the questions will continue until the dye-job that I spent $94 on at the salon is completely gone and my eyes are crossed permanently. At that point my 8 year old will sigh and say something like, "Well, I have a one in three chance that I'll get Mrs. Ellison." and then nothing else will come out of his mouth until Tuesday.

And, I'll think...

... Can we go back to June 17th? Life was much easy then....

1 comment:

Nelania said...

True, but would you really want to go back and repeat the summer all over again? Wouldn't that just drive you nuts as well? *shrugs*