Friday, August 11, 2006

Sleep is SO overrated!

Ok... so.. it's 12:36am on the 11th of August. What the hell now?!

I can't get to sleep. Ok, so... I haven't really TRIED to get to sleep yet, but that's just a small detail in the big picture of things.

*rubs eyes*

I hear the dog... well, the BIG dog (Baron... the one that bit my husband on the arm) snoring a few feet away. HE can get to sleep. I see the OTHER dog (Delilah... the Beagle that keeps my neighbor awake) with her head stuck in between two of the couch pillows. SHE can sleep.

I know the cats can sleep because that's all they do ALL day long. Silly animals really. I mean, why did God create cats? Ok, they're fluffy and furry and rub cat hair on your good pants. They look pretty (crazy colors that once made of friend of mine name one 'Puke' because of the way it looked) and the have that subtle 'meow' noise. Other than that... they eat, they sleep, they shed and they OWN your house. Never again... no kitties, no cats. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. ZIP.

My husband can sleep. I can hear his snoring all he way from upstairs. Breathrights! I tell ya... don't EVER run out of those in a house with a snorer.

My kids DEFINITELY can sleep. The cute little muchachos. Nothing else to say there other than... MAN I LOVE THEM.

*rubs eyes again*

So, why the HELL can't I sleep? It's not coffee (can't stand the stuff). It's not Diet Coke (last one was at dinner at 6pm). It's not tea (last one got cold after I had two sips after birthday cake and ice cream tonight for my newly 8 year old son, Anthony). *sigh* THIS is maddening. If anyone out there has any ideas PLEASE let me know.

No comments: